Jobs at Savannah Scone Company
Savannah Scone Company (SSC) is seeking a Baker Assistant to join our team and growing business in midtown Savannah. The ideal candidate for this role is a dependable professional who is motivated and has commercial experience in a commercial kitchen. Must have a positive attitude, attention to detail, and a desire to grow professionally.
We’re in a great midtown location with plenty of free parking.
This position requires an early morning schedule typically beginning at 3AM Wednesday thru Saturday with some flexibility as needed. We target 25-30 hours per week but the schedule may vary slightly. You will also be required to work on Tuesday beginning at 5AM for weekly prep.
This is an important position for the growth of Savannah Scone Company and usually promotes to Baker for successful candidates. Previous commercial kitchen experience is required, preferably in a bakery. We will consider candidates without bakery experience based on total experience.
- Weigh and measure ingredients.
- Set oven temperatures and monitor or modify as needed using multiple timers.
- Ice, glaze, and decorate baked goods.
- Monitor and maintain ingredient inventory.
- Work with customer service staff to replenish baked goods and other items.
- Clean and sanitize the kitchen, prep areas, workstation, and equipment daily.
- Comply with all health and safety guidelines and SSC policies and procedures, including adherence to dress code and hygiene.
- Follow opening and closing checklists.
- Maintain consistent work attendance and punctuality.
Attributes & Ability
- You are confident and have the ability to communicate effectively.
- You have attention to cleanliness and detail.
- You can multitask effectively.
- You are diligent in responsibilities, organized, and self-motivated.
- You can understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- You have the ability to operate kitchen equipment and automation.
- You are reasonably comfortable with new technology.
- You have the ability to stand for extended periods of time and work in a fast-paced environment.
- You are willing to take on any kitchen task in order to make the day successful. This may include sweeping, washing, drying, or other similar tasks.
- You can lift 30 lbs.
Education & Work Experience Requirements
- Applicants must be 18 years of age, or older.
- Must have experience working in a commercial kitchen. Bakery experience is preferred but not required.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have the flexibility to work various shifts, including very early mornings, weekends, and some holidays, based on changing business demands.
- This is an early morning shift that begins at 3AM.
NO AGENCIES OR RECRUITERS
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 – $15.00 per hour
More About SSC
Savannah Scone Company, founded in 2019, is a locally-owned bakery. We started as a cottage bakery and quickly outgrew our home kitchen on Skidaway Island. We offer our customers a small batch hand-crafted alternative to mass-produced or industrialized bakeries. All of our scone products are made with love, each and every day.
Even though we’ve outgrown our home kitchen, we will never change the artisan aspect of the scones we make while providing excellent customer service to our customers.