Jobs at Savannah Scone Company
Scone Baker (Full-Time)
Savannah Scone Company (SSC) is seeking a full-time Scone Baker to join our team and growing business. The ideal candidate for this role is a dependable professional who is motivated. The successful candidate has experience in a commercial kitchen, a great attitude, attention to detail, and is looking to grow professionally.
We’re in a great midtown location with plenty of free parking.
This position requires an early schedule beginning at 3am Wednesday thru Saturday with some flexibility as needed.
You will be integral to the growth of Savannah Scone Company. Previous baking experience is a plus but we are willing to train the right person. Some food prep experience in a commercial kitchen is required. ServSafe certification is a plus but not required.
- Weigh and measure ingredients.
- Mix and blend batter.
- Roll, knead, cut, and shape dough to form scones and other related products.
- Set oven temperatures and monitor or modify as needed.
- Ice, glaze, and decorate baked goods.
- Monitor and maintain ingredient inventory.
- Work with customer service staff to replenish baked goods and other items.
- Clean and sanitize prep areas, workstation, and equipment before and after use.
- Comply with all health and safety guidelines and SSC policies and procedures, including adherence to dress code and hygiene.
- Follow opening and closing checklists.
- Maintain consistent work attendance and punctuality.
Attributes & Ability
- You are confident and communicative.
- You have attention to detail.
- You can multi-task effectively.
- You are diligent in responsibilities, organized, and self-motivated.
- You can understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- You have the ability to operate kitchen equipment and automation.
- You are reasonably comfortable with new technology.
- You have the capacity to stand for extended periods of time and work in a fast-paced environment.
- You can lift 25 lbs.
Education & Work Experience Requirements
- Applicants must be 18 years of age, or older.
- Must have experience working in a commercial kitchen — baking experience is a plus.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have the flexibility to work various shifts, including very early mornings, weekends, and some holidays, based on changing business demands.
- This is an early morning shift that begins at 3am.
NO AGENCIES OR RECRUITERS
More About SSC
Savannah Scone Company, founded in 2019, is a locally-owned bakery. We started as a cottage bakery and quickly outgrew our home kitchen on Skidaway Island. We offer our customers a small batch hand-crafted alternative to mass-produced or industrialized bakeries. All of our scone products are made with love, each and every day.
Even though we’ve outgrown our home kitchen, we will never change the artisan aspect of the scones we make while providing excellent customer service to our customers.