Jobs at Savannah Scone Company
Front of House Team Member — No Weekends
Savannah Scone Company (SSC) is seeking a Front of House Team Member to create a warm, welcoming environment for our customers. You are the first point of brand contact in our bakery, and your role is essential in creating a great experience for everyone who comes through the door. Efficiency, a genuine desire to help others, and a desire to have fun will be critical to your success in this role.
We are not looking for the most experienced person. Our sights are set on someone who genuinely possesses the right attitude and desire to serve, learn, and grow.
- Promptly greet every customer who visits our bake shop.
- Learn our products, including ingredients, with knowledge to help customers make decisions.
- Suggest additional bakery products that customers may not be aware of at point-of-sale.
- Process customer orders efficiently and accurately utilizing the point-of-sale system and invite customers to join the email subscription list to benefit from special promotions and remain connected.
- Help provide a clean and organized workspace, which may include routine sweeping, cleaning of countertops, windows, and other bakery surfaces.
- Replenish retail merchandise and scone display case to ensure a consistent visual presentation.
- Box and organize preorders, properly tagging and tracking order status.
- Assist baker(s), where needed, in preparing and displaying baked goods for purchase.
- Comply with all health and safety guidelines and SSC policies and procedures, including adherence to dress code and hygiene.
- Follow opening and closing checklists.
- Maintain a consistent work attendance and punctuality record.
Attributes & Ability:
- You possess high energy and strong interpersonal skills; you’re genuinely friendly, helpful, positive, patient, confident and communicative.
- You enjoy interacting with people and you possess an authentic desire to create positive customer experience.
- You can multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.
- You are diligent in responsibilities, organized and self-motivated.
- You can understand and carry out oral and written instruction and request clarification when needed.
- You are reasonably comfortable with new technology and can operate a point-of-sale system.
- You have the capacity to stand for long periods of time and work in a fast-paced environment.
Education, Certifications and Work Experience Requirements:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age, or older.
- While no formal education or work experience is required, previous customer service experience at a bakery, restaurant or retail store is a plus.
- Must have the flexibility to work various shifts, including early mornings and holidays, based on changing business demands.
- Our work hours often extend beyond our posted “open” hours.
More About SSC
Savannah Scone Company, founded in 2019, is a locally-owned bakery. We started as a cottage bakery and quickly outgrew our home kitchen on Skidaway Island. We offer our customers a small batch hand-crafted alternative to mass-produced or industrialized bakeries. All of our scone products are made with love, each and every day.
Even though we’ve outgrown our home kitchen, we will never change the artisan aspect of the scones we make while providing excellent customer service to our customers.